Mother's Day


Yesterday was my second Mother's Day. Here are a few of my favorite quotes about mothers...


The precursor of the mirror is the mother's face. ~D.W. Winnicott


One good mother is worth a hundred schoolmasters. ~George Herbert


A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan


"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."-- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)


Our Rowan is rapidly approaching age two. He is adorable and I love being his mother. Now, that being said, I did endure a rather lengthy headache as the result of his large noggin boldering down on my forehead yesterday afternoon. Although a mild trauma, it did produce tears and frustration, something a mother of any boy would certainly understand.

The past week, especially, has been a speed learning session for him. He is stringing together two-word combinations with more ease - like "chock-it milk". My favorite word over the past few days has been "Chair O's" for Cheerios. Yesterday he said "Happy Mommy Day". It was delicious as iced tea with real sugar.

He is rambunctious and mischevious. He now completes understands the act of willfull disobedience, running with a smirk away from our commands. He is saying "Arden" with more clarity and I think he is beginning to understand that we may be having something to do with a baby. He stops at the entrance of daycare and points to the line of carseats, exclaiming "baby!". He puts his hands on the walls and says "pink paint, gumpa". (My dad and Robin helped paint her nursery walls. )

Yesterday for mother's day, we went to the zoo. Rowan strolled around in his little red wagon and enjoyed all of it. Scott woke me in the morning with one of the best gifts he has ever given me, it was a storybook/scrapbook with a story about us finding each other. What a super gift!! We had dinner at Applebee's and finished the night with the movie Atonement. It was a really good film. I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day!

Comments